The Eastern Caribbean Central Bank (ECCB) has recognised six commercial banks operating within the Eastern Caribbean Currency Union (ECCU) for demonstrating outstanding banking service and social responsibility.
Governor of the ECCB, Timothy N. J. Antoine presented the Inaugural Bank of the Year Awards on November 6 to the commercial banks that have exhibited commitment and service excellence to the people they serve through their business practices and policies in six categories:
- ECCU Bank of the Year Award for Corporate Social Responsibility: The St Kitts-Nevis-Anguilla National Bank;
- ECCU Bank of the Year Award for Corporate Governance: The Antigua Commercial Bank;
- ECCU Bank of the Year Award for Customer Service: The CIBC/First Caribbean International Bank (Barbados) Ltd (Saint Lucia);
- ECCU Bank of the Year Award for Financial Education and Empowerment: The Republic Bank (Grenada) Limited;
- ECCU Bank of the Year Award for Risk Management: The Grenada Co-operative Bank Limited; and
- ECCU Bank of the Year Award for Technological Innovation: The Bank of Saint Lucia.
The Bank of the Year Awards replace the Best Corporate Citizen Awards Among ECCU Commercial Bank, which the ECCB presented from 1997 to 2017. The awards ceremony formed part of the activities for the 24th Sir Arthur Lewis Lecture.