The Eastern Caribbean Central Bank, in conjunction with the Caribbean Economic Research Team (CERT), will host the 51st Annual Monetary Studies Conference. The conference will be held over the period Tuesday, November 19 to Thursday, November 21, 2019 at the Eastern Caribbean Central Bank Headquarters, Basseterre, St Kitts and Nevis, West Indies.
The theme of the Conference is Socioeconomic Transformation in the Caribbean: Policy Implications of the 4th Industrial Revolution. A number of sub-themes have also been included to guide the deliberations of the Conference and to provide avenues for meaningful dialogue between regional and international policy-makers. The broad sub-themes, which will help determine the final Conference programme, are as follows:
1. Economic Growth, Innovation and Development
2. Fiscal and Debt Policy
3. New Considerations for Monetary Policy
4. Financial Sector Stability and Emerging Technology
5. Climate Change, Central Banking and Risk Management
6. Transportation, Trade, Investment and Competitiveness
7. Poverty, Inequality and Financial Exclusion
8. Public Policy and Governance
9. Financial Technology: Supporting Regional Transformation.
Authors wishing to participate in this year’s conference are invited to submit their abstracts and completed papers as outlined below. Please indicate whether you will be willing to act as a discussant.
Participants should provide the following information by the dates indicated:
• The name(s) of the person(s) likely to participate
• Abstract(s) of the paper(s) must include the title of the paper(s) and sent in by Friday September 6, 2019.
• Forward papers to the host Bank, via email in Microsoft Word format by Friday October 11, 2019.
This must be submitted to Eastern Caribbean Central Bank and to the following email addresses:
Please note that the ECCB will be hosting a day of social activities for the AMSC 2019 participants on Friday November 22, 2019.
We look forward to your participation in this year’s conference.
Central Bank of Trinidad and Tobago
Eric Williams Plaza, Independence Square, Port-of-Spain, Trinidad , Trinidad and Tobago
Postal Address : P.O. Box 1250
Telephone: (868) 621-2288; 235-2288; Fax: (868) 627-4696 Telex: 22532; 22386
E-mail Address: email@example.com