The Eastern Caribbean Central Bank (ECCB) invites citizens and residents of the Eastern Caribbean Currency Union (ECCU) to provide comments on the draft Payment System Strategy for the ECCU.
This Payment System Strategy for the ECCU, is a working paper, that was developed by Consultant and payments expert, Mr Massimo Cirasino, in collaboration with the Eastern Caribbean Central Bank (ECCB), under the Caribbean Digital Transformation Project, and input from stakeholders throughout the ECCU. The Strategy explores the various components of the payment system and features specific Lines of Actions and corresponding Sub-Actions under each of the five strategic pillars:
- Legal and Regulatory Framework
- Wholesale Financial Market Infrastructures and Interbank Markets
- Retail payment systems and services for all actors in the economy (Individuals, Businesses, Government)
- Cross Border Payments and International Remittances
- Eastern Caribbean Currency Union Payments System Oversight and Cooperation.
As the ECCB continues to engage industry stakeholders, the public is hereby invited to comment on the draft Payment System Strategy for the ECCU, in anticipation of further in-country stakeholder engagements in the Q1 of 2023. Comments on the Strategy can be forwarded via email, PSDOU@eccb-centralbank.org, on or before by 16 January 2023.