The De La Rue Group in collaboration with University of the West Indies (UWI) and the Eastern Caribbean Central Bank (ECCB) grants the £9,300.00 Thomas De La Rue Scholarship to an eligible citizen of the Eastern Caribbean Currency Union (ECCU) every two years. The awardee is selected on the recommendation of a selection panel which includes representatives from UWI, the ECCB and the St Kitts and Nevis Economic Society.
- Eastern Caribbean Currency Union (Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Commonwealth of Dominica, Grenada, Montserrat, St Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, St Vincent and the Grenadines) nationals accepted to pursue full-time studies leading to the M.Sc. Economics Degree in the Department of Economics at any U.W.I Campus.
- Applicants should have, as a minimum, an Upper Second Class Honours Degree, preferably in Economics.
- Although all areas of Economics would be considered, preference will be given to candidates who chose a programme of study that emphasises macroeconomic policy.
- Candidates must be committed to working in the Caribbean after completion of postgraduate studies.
- how the M.Sc. Economics degree will contribute to the applicant’s career plans;
- how the M.Sc. Economics degree will contribute to the region; and
- reasons why the applicant should be awarded the scholarship.
Apply Online, click here.